This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
1 lb ground pork
1 TB olive oil
1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1 large apple, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 medium sweet potato, diced (about 2 cups)
2 cups cooked multicolor quinoa
1 cup unsalted chicken broth
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 cups sauerkraut
salt and pepper, optional, if desired
1. Cook quinoa as directed on package.
2. While quinoa is cooking, heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In medium skillet, break up ground pork and cook until no longer pink.
Remove meat from pan to a plate and set aside.
4. In same skillet, add oil, onion, apple, and sweet potato and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potato is just fork-tender (about 5-8 minutes). Reduce heat, add chicken broth and wine and combine. Add pork.
5. Add cooked quinoa and combine all.
6. Transfer skillet mixture to a medium casserole dish (lightly sprayed with cooking oil).
7. Top with sauerkraut. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until sauerkraut is slightly browned and crispy.