When you need “a little something sweet” why not boost your nutrition at the same time? These peanut butter booster bites do just that- boosting your intake of fiber, protein, and magnesium- with chia seeds, flax meal, and roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas). Swapping out most of the peanut butter for peanut butter powder in this recipe offers a significant fat and calorie savings, plus another way to use an often-overlooked ingredient in your pantry closet.
Peanut Butter Booster Bites
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cup rolled oats Gluten free if needed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 2 tbsp pepitas roasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter natural preferred
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp miniature chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl until well incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and mix evenly.
- Use a melon ball scooper (or your hands) to scoop balls onto a small tray or cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Place the cookie sheet into the freezer for 30-60 minutes or until somewhat firm.
- Store in an airtight container or freezer bag until desired. They soften quickly once taken out of the freezer.